I have a background in biology, chemistry, civil engineering, and architecture, and am passionate about the environment and how to live in harmony with it. I live and work in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
first print run Sept. 2019
revised Dec. 2019
Where does it all come from? Where does it all go? Toronto’s water, energy, and waste systems
In a big city like Toronto, it’s easy to live disconnected from the environment that supports us each day. Many of us do not know where our water or energy comes from or where our waste goes. This Toronto-specific picture book answers these questions for Torontonians of all ages and backgrounds in a simple and fun way. Looking at maps, readers can get to know specifically how they fit into the larger picture. Once we know where things come from and where things go, we are no longer lost. We are connected, and have a foundation upon which to develop a caring relationship with our environment.
$20 + $1(fed.tax) + shipping
$4 within Canada
I ‘soft’ launched the book at Word on the Street (Sep. 22, 2019) and since then have had the pleasure of talking to people and selling the book at places in town such as:
- Wychwood Farmers Market (Oct. 12 & Nov. 28)
- Green Sunday Holiday Market at the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) Annex (Dec.8)
- Brown Junior Public School (Nov. & Dec. 2019)
- Old’s Cool General Store (Feb. 15, 2020)
- ENSU x UTERN Market at University of Toronto (Mar. 5, 2020)
This website is under development. If you say “add me to your email list” below, I will keep you posted on the website and other news.
Updates and Errors
- Rev. 1 (Dec. 2019) incorporates the following minor changes:
- water supply infrastructure diagram piping around reservoir altered
- water supply infrastructure map footnote changed & R.L. Clark spelling corrected
- aesthetic changes, corrected grammar
News: I was recently profiled in an alumni article by University of Toronto Department of Civil & Mineral Engineering
News: You can now follow me on Instagram! @ecomarikotoronto
News: The book is in two stores!
- Old’s Cool General Store – near Main Subway Station in the east end of town
- ecoexistence – St.Clair W. Ave & Christie St. area
News: The book is in a library!
Until I do a third print run in June/July 2020, I am selling limited first prints! I take single orders within Canada: one 8.5″ x 11″ book. For other orders (larger or international), please email me at ecomarikotoronto the squigly a thing gmail.com.
$20 + $1 tax + $4 shipping (within Canada)
Copyright Mariko Uda 2020 – All rights reserved